Case study : Design Intension of The Louvre Pyramid, by I. M. Pei
This video to show I. M. Pei how to design the Louvre Pyramid. Their is some points as he mentioned in this video :
Design Intension :
1. minimal the structure
2. stand the test of time
3. closing the distance between the past and the spirit of modern time.
4. center of gravity (the site), which is a good location for a entrance and receptionist
5, compare with the shape of cube, the shape of pyramid not only make the structure more stable and light, but also it can make the building more transparency. More transparency can make the Louvre Museum.
About architecture :
1. Architecture should true to yourself without any theory.
2. Building will show the signature to other which come from architect.
3. Learn to be limited, and come to be the heart to the problem.